AC_HEADER_STDC and cross-compiles?

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: AC_HEADER_STDC and cross-compiles?
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:24:27 -0700

I have a configure script that calls AC_HEADER_STDC.

We run cross-compiles.

I'm seeing a case where if our cross-compile toolchain is for a later
version of Linux than the one on the local machine (say, one that uses gcc3
instead of gcc2) that the AC_HEADER_STDC test fails because it tries to run
a test program on the local(!) system, and this fails:

./conftest: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by ./c
onftest)

This happens with autoconf-2.59.

Ideas?