Re: Use of config.h

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Use of config.h
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:48:45 -0700

Dale Mellor <address@hidden> writes:

>    It would be nice if the machine-specific macros were individually
> guarded to prevent multiple definition when two config.h's are
> present, and for the project-specific macros to be prefixed with the
> package name so that they do not collide.

The latter sounds reasonable, but the former sounds problematic.  What
if the two "configure" runs were in slightly different environments
(e.g., different compiler flags), so their macros disagree?  It's nice
that the current approach detects this situation and causes the C
compiler to barf.

Anyway, we're waiting on someone having the time to come up with a
comprehensive solution to the former problem (including patches to
everything....).