Using $bindir in configure.ac

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Using $bindir in configure.ac
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:30:34 +0100

Is there some way I can use $bindir in AC_PATH_PROGRAM?

I tried with:

 AC_PROGRAM([MY_PROGR], [mypr], [no], [$bindir:$PATH])

but it doesn't seem to work. $bindir is expanded to ${exec_prefix}/bin,
on top of that it seems $exec_prefix still is NONE (i.e. a double
expansion, if I could even trigger it, wouldn't suffice) since I only
use --prefix on the command line. Any suggestions?

/M

Magnus Therning                 Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Phone: +31 40 2745179           (OpenPGP: 0x4FBB2C40)

To the consumer, cryptography is a shadowy protective entity -- something
like Batman -- kind of menacing but on the side of justice, and endowed
with mystic powers.
     -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies