Re: Inline function in header depends on config.h

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Inline function in header depends on config.h
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:31:25 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 03:40:41PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> William Turner <address@hidden> writes:
> > I have a member function of a class in a library that, for performance
> > reasons, needs to be inline, and therefore needs to be in the header
> > file. However, the operation of the function depends on the contents
> > of config.h, which is not installed when the library is, presenting
> > difficulty when a user of the library needs to make use of the inlined
> > function. What's the best way to resolve this,
>
> Use the autoconf-generated script to modify the header in question,

another option would be to have a small subset of config.h, say mylib-conf.h,
generated by configure from mylib-conf.h.in .
This header would be installed and your header could include it.

You have to add

AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(mylib-conf.h)

to your configure.ac to get this file generated.

HTH,
        Stepan Kasal