Re: Inline function in header depends on config.h

From: Wil Turner
Subject: Re: Inline function in header depends on config.h
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:14:15 -0500

Thanks very much - we ended up using AC_CONFIG_HEADERS with an existing header in the library and moved the critical defines to that header.

Problem solved - thanks again :)

Wil

On Jan 12, 2005, at 2:31 AM, Stepan Kasal wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 03:40:41PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
William Turner <address@hidden> writes:
I have a member function of a class in a library that, for performance
reasons, needs to be inline, and therefore needs to be in the header
file. However, the operation of the function depends on the contents
of config.h, which is not installed when the library is, presenting
difficulty when a user of the library needs to make use of the inlined
function. What's the best way to resolve this,

Use the autoconf-generated script to modify the header in question,

another option would be to have a small subset of config.h, say mylib-conf.h,
generated by configure from mylib-conf.h.in .
This header would be installed and your header could include it.

You have to add

AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(mylib-conf.h)

to your configure.ac to get this file generated.

HTH,
        Stepan Kasal