Re: checking for specific versions of operating system

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: checking for specific versions of operating system
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:53:58 +0200

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:36:57PM +0100, Simon Morgan wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Baurzhan Ismagulov <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Trying -lpthread, if not available, trying -lkse?
>
> That sounds like a better idea than simply checking the
> OS version but unfortunately I have no idea how to implement
> such a test. Any suggestions?

I do it like follows, but want to do better if anyone knows a better
way. Basically, it's just sh scripting:

AC_CHECK_LIB(lib1, func, [LDFLAGS=-llib1], [])

if [ -z "$LDFLAGS" ]; then
    AC_CHECK_LIB(lib2, func, [LDFLAGS=-llib2], [
        echo "$0: Need lib1 or lib2" >&2
        exit 2
    ])
fi

I've tried to simplify my actual configure.ac, so this might not work
OOTB.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.