Re: 2.59 and Explicit libc linking checks

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: 2.59 and Explicit libc linking checks
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:13:58 +0330

"Rafael Rivera Jr." <address@hidden> writes:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't autoconf read in the
> configure.ac and spit out the configure script?

Yes, but it also reads other files.

> The configure.ac for the gettext package has no references to this
> code.

But other files do, and autoconf reads these other files.

It looks to me like the problem came from files imported from libtool,
so you should be reporting the problem to the libtool folks.

> PS - How did you get this mail? I'm, for some reason, not receiving
> mail from the listman.

Sorry, I don't know.  Email has been erratic from mail.gnu.org for the
last few days.