gnu.org mailing list info (was: 2.59 and Explicit libc linking checks)

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:01:06 -0700

Paul Eggert wrote:
> "Rafael Rivera Jr." <address@hidden> writes:
> > PS - How did you get this mail? I'm, for some reason, not receiving
> > mail from the listman.
>
> Sorry, I don't know.  Email has been erratic from mail.gnu.org for the
> last few days.

These following blog messages about the lists had interesting
information about the recent mail problems.  Things were broken.

  http://www.fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/lists

  https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4322

MTA on lists.gnu.org melted down with 1.6 million messages in the mail
queue and needed significant manual tending to get back on track
again.  The mailing lists were pretty much non-functional for a while.
Fortunately things seem to be working again.

Bob