Re: autoconf test failures - how to react?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: autoconf test failures - how to react?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:31:34 -0700

I suspect that your 'diff' program is buggy, and sometimes dumps core.
You might try substituting GNU diff.

Jerker Bäck <address@hidden> writes:

> 225: AC_TYPE_INT64_T                              Windows NT Exception (core
> dumped)
>  ok

That's an interesting diagnostic.  The shell reported a core dump,
but the test still succeeded.  Can you do this to find out more?

   cd tests
   ./testsuite -v -d 225

>  12: autoupdating AC_PREREQ                        FAILED (tools.at:570)

This I just sent you mail about already.

> 150: AC_CHECK_SIZEOF struct                        FAILED (semantics.at:304)
> 222: AC_STRUCT_TIMEZONE                            FAILED (actypes.at:15)

These seem to be failing for similar reasons: looking at the test logs,
it appears that 'diff' dumped core.  Can you reproduce the problem,
as follows?

cd tests/testsuite.dir/150
ls -l state-ls.before state-ls.after
file state-ls.before state-ls.after