Re: autoconf test failures - how to react?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: autoconf test failures - how to react?
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:31:33 +0200

Hi Jerker,

* Jerker Bäck wrote on Tue, May 09, 2006 at 01:24:54PM CEST:

> I take it the test results are basically OK and the paket can be used as is.
> As Interix is based on BSD it would be interesting to see how it compares to
> other BSD systems.

Yes.  We've had at least one testsuite pass on at least one version of
each of FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.  That was before the documentation
required a non-ancient texinfo installation though (which is required by
a CVS checkout, but should not be by a distribution tarball); and in any
case we welcome more test results, as systems often can differ in several
ways.

IMVHO we can ignore failures that are obviously due to system-specific
bugs in Interix tools, unless someone can provide us with a good
analysis, enabling a decent workaround.