Re: can autoconf determine if a preprocessor macro is defined or not?

From: Warren Young
Subject: Re: can autoconf determine if a preprocessor macro is defined or not?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:05:46 -0600

Ed Hartnett wrote:
I'm just trying to avoid platform-specific lines of code in my C
files.

You've already _got_ platform-specific code. All of the S_* macros are part of the stat() mechanism, which is Unix only. Even if Windows supported it somehow, it would only be an approximation of the native facilities: Windows file permissions are vastly different from Unix ones. If you can't get by without stat() on Unix, you'll have to seek out an equivalent mechanism on Windows.

This problem has been solved many times before. Have you looked into portability libraries like apr? http://apr.apache.org/