Re: Aw: Re: Supressing output from AC_CHECK_DECL

From: william pursell
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Supressing output from AC_CHECK_DECL
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 21:53:00 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
* address@hidden wrote on Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:46:53PM CEST:
When I use AC_CHECK_DECL, how can I prevent it from outputting to the
console for a specific message only? I don't want to supress all
messages, only one specific message (and replace it with my own, more
complex reusable macro).
Being fairly new to autoconf, I would like to get some
feedback on my first thought for a solution.  In particular,
I suspect that my approach is not good, but I'd love
to hear opinions on why it is not advisable:

exec 6> /dev/null
AC_CHECK_DECL(printf)
exec 6>& 1