How to treat libraries...

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: How to treat libraries...
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:59:20 +0200

Hi autofans!

I am a complete noob to autoconf (and the whole gnu build system) and just have a question about how to treat things.

I am using a non standard library of a friend in my C project which is to be statically linked with my stuff.
Therefore I am invoking the library with

LIBS="-lm -lz -ldl -lbz2"
AC_CHECK_LIB([atcore], [ats_new])
AC_CHECK_LIB([atcore], [ats_delete])

in configure.ac. First of all: Is that the intended way to do this?
What should I do to all the other functions from libatcore my program is using? Should they all be tested seperately?

greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan Bienert