Re: Command-line option processing

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Re: Command-line option processing
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:02:30 +0100

Hello Ralf,

> The next Autoconf version will warn by default on --enable/--disable
> and --with/--without switches it knows nothing about.

This is indeed what we are looking for. Will the warning appear as the
very last output of the script, that is, if no redirections are performed,
will the warning appear just above the prompt one gets after running
the configure script ?

> (There are ways
> to turn this warning off, and there are still nits wrt. package trees
> (AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS), but otherwise it should do by itself just what you
> want.)

Actually, one solution that would be even better IMHO would be to be
able to turn this kind of warnings into errors that would make the
configue script fail, i.e. not produce the files it normally produces
from the .in files. Is this possible ? Does it make sense to you guys ?

Cheers,
Sébastien.