Check types of structures

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Check types of structures
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:19:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

There are the autoconf macros AC_CHECK_TYPE, AC_CHECK_SIZEOF and
AC_CHECK_MEMBER. I would like to check the size of a member inside a structure.
Does this already exist in autoconf?

On Interix, the type for "struct timeval.tv_usec" is "long", while on Linux it
is "suseconds_t".

I'd rather #define suseconds_t to an equivalent type rather than just assuming
it is of type long if suseconds_t is not defined. Or am I being too paranoid? I
just don't see an easy way to do this at the moment. Reading through the
autoconf sources in /usr/share/autoconf has me mindboggled, I can't figure out
how it works right now.

Thanks,
Jason.

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  29,95 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2