Re: library search test fails, please help

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: library search test fails, please help
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:38:54 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, aaragon wrote:
After installation of the library, I get:

address@hidden:~/Lib/lib$ ls
libcpputils.la  libcpputils.so  libcpputils.so.0  libcpputils.so.0.0.0

Now I go to the other project (that uses this library), and again I try to
use the macros AC_SEARCH_LIBS([flip], [cpputils],,[AC_MSG_ERROR(library
cpputils not found)]) and  AC_CHECK_LIB([cpputils],
[flip],,[AC_MSG_ERROR(library cpputils not found)],,)

They both failed again and I have no clue why this time, since these macros
are supposed to work for shared libraries.

The macros should work with both static and shared libraries. However, they do depend on your compiler and linker working with the arguments which are provided to them. Apparently they are not. The clue to the cause of the failure should be in the config.log file.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn