Re: library search test fails, please help

From: Allan Caffee
Subject: Re: library search test fails, please help
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:39:52 -0500

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, aaragon wrote:
> I'm using g++ v.4.3 on Ubuntu linux. I did check the config.log file to see
> the source of error ever time. If you see above, the error in my last post
> does not make any sense because the shared libraries are under that
> directory that I include using -L.

Indeed I tried a very similiar scenario using gcc 4.2.4 on Ubuntu (with
a static library) and had the same problem.  (Which was suprising
because I seem to remember gcc handling these options differently...)

Was the error similiar to your original post?  A linker error?  We must
be missing something pretty obvious here.

Allan