BUILD Rules.mk

From: fordpinto
Subject: BUILD Rules.mk
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 19:14:54 -0700

I have a cross compiler that works and it requires me to include a
build/Rules.mk file in order to link correctly.

I want to use the same cross compiler to build a standard open source project
(I have tried mutiple). When running the ./configure script I get the error
(from the config.log):
"C++ compiler cannot create executables"

I traced this to the configure.ac macro
AC_PROG_CXX

According to config.log the cross compiler is found, so I think that this is a
linker problem.

I know that the build/Rules.mk contains the linking rules but I do not know how
to include them in the configure.

I tried adding BUILD_RULES to configure.ac that didn't work ....

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

-Al