Re: BUILD Rules.mk

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: BUILD Rules.mk
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:37:12 +0200

* dev123 wrote on Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 03:57:21AM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > * address@hidden wrote on Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:14:54AM CEST:
> >>
> >> According to config.log the cross compiler is found, so I think that
> >> this is a linker problem.
> >
> > If you've already found the log file and the error message, why not post
> > it?
> >
> >> I know that the build/Rules.mk contains the linking rules but I do not
> >> know how to include them in the configure.
> >
> > That's not easily possible.  What does that file contain, can you post
> > it?

> I have uploaded both config.log and Rules.mk file.

I think your easiest bet by far would be to write a wrapper script for
the compiler, so that it provides the linker with the needed options
when linking is done.  Actually, this is exactly what GCC does (but it
has its spec language rather than using shell) when invoking the linker
 from the compiler driver.

Alternatively, you can probably get things to work more or less with
something like this (untested):

  CROSS_BASE=...
  export CROSS_BASE
  ./configure LIBS="-L$CROSS_BASE/libs/lib/ -Wl,-EB -Wl,-nostdlib \
                    -Wl,--whole-archive \
                    $CROSS_BASE/libs/crt0.o \
                    $CROSS_BASE/libs/crt0-qemu-debug.o \
                    -T$CROSS_BASE/build/linker-qemu.lds \
                    -Wl,--start-group,-lcrt0,-lc,-ldebug,--end-group"

Hope that helps.