Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?

From: David Bruce
Subject: Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:38:30 -0500

Hi,

Speaking as someone who was both IDE-dependent and new to autotools
about three years ago, I can say that KDevelop has worked well, except
that I have progressively shifted to just using it as a nice tabbed
editor and file selector.   I found that it was way easier to just use
the console at the bottom to type "./configure", "make", "svn update",
and so forth rather than struggling to get the "project" set properly.

Anyway, IIRC at one point I imported GNU Hello into KDevelop3 and
successfully used the real "IDE" features to hack on it.  But now I
just use KDevelop as basically "Kate plus Konsole".

David Bruce