Re: Autoconf and Automake support for ObjC++

From: Peter Breitenlohner
Subject: Re: Autoconf and Automake support for ObjC++
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:06:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Eric Blake wrote:

In general, I'm in favor of this patch, but you are right that it would be
nice to have some testsuite exposure to go along with it.

Hi Eric,

agreed. I'll think about some very basic tests for both ObjC and ObjC++. However, there really isn't that much to be tested in the autoconf part.

....  Also, let's make sure we don't repeat the C++ mistake -
if no suitable ObjC++ compiler is found, please make sure OBJCXX is set to
no, not g++.  (I didn't check if you did that).

I'll have to check, and if necessary correct it (if so for both ObjC and
ObjC++).

I've already explained off-list why I think this patch is not in time, at
least not if I am able to release 2.64 this week as planned.

In that case there has to be AM_PROG_OBJCXX from automake together
with AU_DEFUN([AM_PROG_OBJCXX], [AC_PROG_OBJCXX]) from autoconf or similar.

Regards
Peter