Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:20:25 +0200

Russ Allbery wrote:
Christophe-Marie Duquesne <address@hidden> writes:

I wonder if there are actually a lot of programmers who used the
autotools in IDEs and did not came back to classic text editors.

It's probably worth saying this explicitly, since Peter may or may not be
aware of it: Emacs has nearly all of the features that one expects from an
IDE, including keyword completion, integrated build, jumping to build
errors, tag searching, debugger integration including stepping through
code, and so forth.  You can either use them or not as you choose, but the
facilities are present if you want them.  I suspect that's the most
commonly-used IDE for Autoconf-using projects.

are these features documented somewhere?

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net