Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:32:53 -0700

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:

> more than one text-editor (you've listed two) does syntax-highlighting
> for autoconf scripts, is scriptable, and can run subprocesses (emacs and
> vim aren't IDEs, however - though there are _probably_ scripts for each
> which do specific subtasks).

I think the point is that "IDE" is hard to define.  As I noted in my
that Emacs doesn't have.  (It has an integrated source-code debugger, for
instance.)  It just doesn't put them together and present them in the way
that most IDEs on, say, Windows would.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>