Re: how to test HAVE_MALLOC

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: how to test HAVE_MALLOC
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:28:24 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, j.wuttke wrote:

A user of my software package reported that compilation on
a virtual Linux machine running on his Mac failed because
'::malloc' was not declared.

We then found that AC_FUNC_MALLOC actually produced a 'no'
in the ./configure output.

This is not what I expected, and definitely not what I need.
If there is no malloc on a box, I do not want my users do

What system does not have malloc()? It seems very odd to want to test for it.

Your use of the term "::malloc" makes it sound like this test is somehow related to C++ rather than C.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn