Re: Default host other than local system

From: Robert Woodworth
Subject: Re: Default host other than local system
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:48:33 -0700

Re:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2010-01/msg00039.html

I also want to use  autoconf for an embedded system code base and I want to
force my configure script to set the cross compile environment correctly.

I'm trying to get a team to adopt autotools for a rather large embedded
project, but I need to make sure the default execution of 'configure' does
the right thing without forcing the setting of 'CC' and --host and a few
other defaults.

I have set the following in my 'configure.ac':

<snip>
host=mips-elf
host_alias=mips-elf
ac_tool_prefix=mips-elf-
cross_compiling=yes
AC_PROG_CC
</snip>

This does work, but is this the best approach?

comments please...

RJW.