Re: Default host other than local system

From: Robert Woodworth
Subject: Re: Default host other than local system
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:56:53 -0700

no, that does not work....

here is the output from my `configure` with that suggestion:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

Notice how it does not look for mips-elf-gcc.

I looked at the 'configure' script generated and it does need the other
settings of 'ac_tool_prefix' and 'cross_compiling' due to the location of
the variables in the generated 'configure'

Try it with a simple two line 'configure.ac'
AC_INIT
host_alias=mips-elf

No, I don't want my site defaults to be cross-compiled by default.
Yes, this source code will only work on a very specific MIPS.

Thanks.