Re: uint64_t fails with C++

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: uint64_t fails with C++
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 21:45:22 +0100 (CET)

> If the above guesswork holds,

It doesn't :-)

> then I wonder why your project uses C++ file extensions and $CC
> (your said it was a C file). It should be either C file extensions
> and $CC, or C++ file extensions and $CXX. Or?

As Nelson Beebe has explained to me some time ago, there are a bunch
of platforms which use a C++ compiler even for compiling plain C code.
For this reason, I test whether my source files compile fine with g++.

BTW, here is what gcc-4.6.info says:

  `g++' is a program that calls GCC and treats `.c', `.h' and `.i'
  files as C++ source files instead of C source files unless `-x' is
  used, and automatically specifies linking against the C++ library.

So g++ indeed handles my C files as C++ since I don't use option `-x'.

    Werner