Re: [autoconf] How to deal problems in current autoconf version of M4 ma

From: Giulio Paci
Subject: Re: [autoconf] How to deal problems in current autoconf version of M4 macros
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 19:05:57 +0100

Hi,

On 02/03/2012 05:21 PM, suzuki toshiya wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm understanding the situation correctly,
> but if the trouble occurs in the generation of configure,
> I propose to consider an inclusion of autogen.sh script to
> the project.
The problem is that generating configure with current version (2.68) of
autoconf ends in a configure script that is not able to guess proper
settings for fortran compilers in some environments.

> You can check the version of automake/autoconf
> and control the options to give aclocal, automake, autoconf,
> thus, you can add /or ignore the directory including
> your own fortran.m4 by changing "-I xxx" option.
If I understand correctly you are suggesting to add a directory with a
replacement for fortran.m4 and conditionally include that directory
depending on the tools version. Is it right?
Will the tools chose my own version of fortran.m4 instead of the
autoconf one, using this approach (and why?)?
Is it possible to achieve something similar that also works with autoreconf?