Re: modernizing xdvi

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: modernizing xdvi
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:23:39 +0900

Peter Breitenlohner <address@hidden> writes:
>> $ (autoconf --version; automake --version) |  grep ^auto
>> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
>> automake (GNU automake) 1.10
>
> IMHO it makes no sense to base new work on such ancient versions.

I've noticed some projects use them because they're afraid of the
GPLv3...

[My depressing story:  I tried to recommend that Mesa project upgrade
their autotools versions, but one guy (not a major dev) worked at
Apple, and apparently Apple pushes its employees who work on free
software to refuse to work on anything that uses any GPLv3 tools --
even when there's no legal repercussion to using them (_use_ of the
tools isn't affected by GPLv3).]

-Miles

--
魔力を持った謎の石仏