Re: How can I enable option-checking from configure.ac after it being de

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Re: How can I enable option-checking from configure.ac after it being default-disabled?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:16:29 +0100

> From: Eric Blake <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:59:59 +0100

> https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Configuration

I guess I just couldn't read. :(

> Again, sorry for my poor wording - the ability to enable the rejection
> of unknown options is what is contrary to GCS, and yet it is this
> explicit enabling of rejecting unknown options that you are trying to
> accomplish.

(I blame an old emacs bug for dropping the CC to the list in my
reply to nbowler, sorry:) I recognize this, but also think the
GCS should help with defaults rather than definitely enforce
here; an option from configure.ac to explicitly set whether
option-checking is wanted still IMHO seems in order, as a way to
override the default.

brgds, H-P