Re: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS right away

From: Richard Ash
Subject: Re: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS right away
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:37:43 +0100

On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 22:01 -0400, Paul Dugas wrote:
> I'm trying to use the pkg-config script provided by a sub-package to
> make appropriate additions to CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and LIBS for the parent
> package and have discovered the actual sub-package configuration is
> delayed until the AC_CONFIG_FILES call.  I found a 2008 post where
> someone had run into the same issue but I didn't see a solution
> posted.  I'm wondering if, in the intervening time, there's been any
> progress in providing a mechanism for a sub-package to be configured
> right away.

I strongly suspect that was my post.

All I can say is that my solution has been in the Audacity source
tarballs since then, and hasn't to my knowledge been giving anyone
grief.
http://code.google.com/p/audacity/source/browse/audacity-src/trunk/m4/ax_config_dir.m4

I would like a better fix though, not least one that allowed proper
control over what arguments were passed through to the subsidiary
configure scripts.

Richard