AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS right away

From: Paul Dugas
Subject: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS right away
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:01:19 -0400

I'm trying to use the pkg-config script provided by a sub-package to
make appropriate additions to CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and LIBS for the parent
package and have discovered the actual sub-package configuration is
delayed until the AC_CONFIG_FILES call.  I found a 2008 post where
someone had run into the same issue but I didn't see a solution
posted.  I'm wondering if, in the intervening time, there's been any
progress in providing a mechanism for a sub-package to be configured
right away.

thx,

Paul
--
Paul Dugas • Dugas Enterprises, LLC • Computer Engineer
address@hidden Black Canyon Park,