Re: CVS Automake breaks with perl5.6.0

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: CVS Automake breaks with perl5.6.0
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:44:17 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Akim!

> > Obviously, %require_file_found should be declared by "use vars", but I
> > would prefer if the author does it. In fact, it may be a legitimate case
> > for a variable to be declared local.
>
> You tried in the middle of a batch of patches.  It was fixed before
> your message arrived.  See my messages about require_file_found.

Great! I wish your answer about the next problem would be the same!

Only one test is failing now - installsh.test. Perl reports the same
mesages many times, so I ran the output through sort and uniq.

$ make check TESTS=installsh.test VERBOSE=1 2>&1 | sort | uniq
1 of 1 tests failed
=== Running test ./installsh.test
===================
FAIL: installsh.test
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at ../../../automake line
3426.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at ../../../automake line
4092.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at ../../../automake line
6768.
Use of uninitialized value in quotemeta at ../../../automake line 6839.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ../../../automake line 6651.
make  check-TESTS
make: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/proski/src/automake.v0/tests'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/proski/src/automake.v0/tests'

Regards,
Pavel Roskin