Re: Conditionals in Makefile

From: akim
Subject: Re: Conditionals in Makefile
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:13:16 +0100

> If the order does not matter, then sorting it can simplify a lot from
> the code: simplify sort the conditions, that makes a uniq means to
> designates them (conditional_same makes no sense, use eq, etc.).
> The backdraw is that the user cannot see in the Makefile something
> which is related to her input since the order can be completely different.

i understood my question was stupid: the order does not matter, because
if it's a rule, then it amkes no sense (hence is forbidden) to have
two equivalent conditions (actually one being provalbe by the other is enough)
or it's = defined variable which is the same case, or it's a += defined
variable in which case we handle += ourselves, hence again, we are not
depend upon the order.