Re: AM_MAKE_INCLUDE [patch]

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: AM_MAKE_INCLUDE [patch]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:30:12 +0200

Raja R Harinath wrote:

> Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:
> [snip]
> > Meanwhile, I think to have found the cause.
> >
> > Somehow, after having touched configure or configure.in, "make" runs
> > the "include check" by recursively running make.
> >
> > Due to recursively running make, __gmake__ emits a "Entering
> > directory ..." message to __stdout__, which interferes with
> > autoconf's AM_MAKE_INCLUDE check, which expects a string containing
> > plain "done" instead of
> > "make[1]:Entering directory ..done", which it actually seems to
> > receive.
>
> That makes sense.  I think those are supressed when you run GNU make
> with the '-s' option.
Indeed, using -s fixes this issue.

>  (The -s option was present in Unix 7th Edition
> too, so it can pretty much be used with impunity.)

:) I have a little incomfortable gut feelings about it, but ...
let's give it a try.

So, below is a patch to address this issue by applying make -s.
If this doesn't work out, the entire check probably needs to be
reworked.

Ralf.

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung