Re: make dist and sources in subdirs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: make dist and sources in subdirs
Date: 05 Apr 2001 11:16:30 -0600

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> However there is still a problem:
Robert> make dist doesn't create directory foo.

This is a bug.

>> 2) Do the stub directories such as foo, which only have 2 or three c
>> files need Makefile.am's ?

Robert> I take it the answer to this is "yes it solves creating the
Robert> directory?"  The reason why I was hoping to avoid a Makefile
Robert> is that it saves a level of recursion during make, and on
Robert> cygwin that saves time .

Adding a new Makefile.am is a workaround.  However in your particular
case I think `make dist' should work without the Makefile.am.

Tom