depcomp not found if in aux_dir

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: depcomp not found if in aux_dir
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:28:26 -0500

Hello:

I'm testing the CVS MLB Libtool with current CVS Automake and Autoconf.
I've found that dependency tracking doesn't work because the depcomp
script is copied into the auxiliary directory specified with
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR('directory') as it should, but when the generated
configure script is run for that project, the depcomp script is only
found if it is $(top_srcdir)/depcomp.
I don't know the first thing about perl or I would have sent in a patch,
sorry!
Here is sample output from 'configure':

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking dependency style of g++... cp: /icarus/OCC/OCC/depcomp: No such
file or directory
/icarus/OCC/OCC/configure: ./depcomp: No such file or directory
none

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center