Re: 2 questions on automake

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 2 questions on automake
Date: 15 May 2001 22:26:57 -0600

>> I'm not sure about the cvs automake.  I'll write a test.

Gary> Neither CVS or 1.4-p1 do this by default.  I developed a habit
Gary> of adding `MAINTAINERCLEANFILES += Makefile.in' to all of my
Gary> Makefile.am's and never thought to report it.

According to my test, at least cvs automake does remove Makefile.in on
`maintainer-clean'.

It does not remove aclocal.m4 or configure, though.  It should.  My
test will ensure that we (eventually) fix this.

I don't think this is critical for the 1.4 series.

Tom