Re: Chars different from address@hidden

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Chars different from address@hidden
Date: 21 Apr 2002 13:42:53 -0600

>>>>> "Josef" == Josef Spillner <address@hidden> writes:

Josef> one of my applications is named r=E9pertoire.
Josef> Automake chokes on r=E9pertoire_SOURCES and such.

Try r_pertoire_SOURCES.  I know this is a bit unsatisfactory.

Josef> The system should adapt to the people and their language; the
Josef> opposite is what Unix has been about 30 years ago, and I hope
Josef> we've learned from its misconceptions.

We're limited by our desire to have Automake generate portable
Makefiles.  Are non-ASCII characters in variable names really portable
across make implementations?  I'd be surprised.

Tom