per object cflags

From: Robert Collins
Subject: per object cflags
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:11:32 +1000

Are there any plans to allow per object CFLAGS (and CXXFLAGS...)?

I've got a projec that I want to put -Werror into the AM_C[XX]FLAGS
variable, but a couple of files won't compile without warnings. The
warnings are harmless, almost compiler bugs in fact, so fixing the
source isn't feasible there.

Currently I compile those source files with manual rules, but... that
means that the dependency tracking stuff doesn't work for them...

Rob