Re: grub-0.92 and CVS automake...

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: grub-0.92 and CVS automake...
Date: 26 Sep 2002 23:27:47 -0600

>>>>> "Harlan" == Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:

Harlan> The problem is that grub likes the "old style" of AS rules,
Harlan> and current automake/autoconf Really Want grub to use
Harlan> AM_PROG_AS.  Making this change means asm.S no longer
Harlan> assembles because of missing -I directives.  After adding
Harlan> them, the resulting asm.o (apparently) has extra/duplicate
Harlan> symbols, so the final link fails.

And the AS rules have gone through a few mutations, so I'm not sure
which style the old style is.

You can set AM_ASFLAGS to include whatever you want: $(INCLUDES),
$(DEFS), etc.  That is one way to approximate one of the old
behaviors.  Or you can write your own .s.o / .s.lo rules for complete
control.

I don't know about the link problem.

Tom