Re: Libs ordering in LDADD

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Libs ordering in LDADD
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:07:37 -0400

Jose Roman Bilbao wrote:
Hi all,

Why do I need a specific order when writing LDADD rules?. If I dont I
get lots of Undefined references. Is this a bug?, If not... Which rule
should I follow in order to write correct MAkefile.am files?.

Objects that depend on other objects must precede the other objects in the line order. If I have object foo that has dependency to libbar.a then I must have object foo before -lbar. The same is true for library libfoo.a that is dependent on libbar.a, -lfoo -lbar must be the order. If foo is dependent on bar and bar is dependent on foo then I must -lfoo -lbar -lfoo in order for resolution to happen correctly.

Earnie.
--
http://www.mingw.org