Re: already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:59:46 +0200

Mailing Lists wrote:
Hi all!

I am trying to compile some software (VLC from the VideoLAN project) on
W2K/CygWin. Unfortunately, during the config, I get an
error. I have already contacet the VideoLAN malining list, but to no avail. I
will also contact the CygWin mailing list, but for the
time being I hope to get some help here.

This is the error message I get:

' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
autoconf/status.m4:848: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.ac:3814: the top level
Autom4te::FileUtils::xsystem(/usr/autotool/devel/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm:29

Please note the single single-quote at the beginning of the error message. I
have included the command line after the main body of
this post.

The single quote suggests that a carriage return character is causing
trouble, so one of the files being processed by autoconf or automake is
probably in DOS text format but expected to be in Unix text format.  Try
setting the cygwin mount point to text mode, or re-extracting the source
files using options that will do the DOS-to-Unix conversion for you
(e.g. -a for unzip).

Having said that, this _probably_ should not occur, so it may be a bug.