Re: configure can not determin 'HAVE_LIMITS'

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: configure can not determin 'HAVE_LIMITS'
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 04:33:38 +0200

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:28 +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> limits.h is a POSIX header. On linux it is supplied by GCC.
> >>
> >> So if you want to check for "limits", you should use
> >> AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits])
> >>
> >> If this fails, something else is broken and you will have to
> >> investigate. It could be a bug inside of "limits", it could be problem
> >> elsewhere inside of your configure script, or could be a problem with
> >> your include paths.
> >
> > Note that <limits> is a C++ header.  By default, configure scripts don't
> > use the C++ compiler when checking for headers.
I knew - sorry for not having mentioned this ;)

> so ... what?
A look into the config.log your configure script produces when running,
would have told you (and us).

If it's really the standard c++-header <limits>, you want to test for, I
guess you might be using the c-compiler (which fails to compile
<limits>), instead of the c++-compiler.

To test for the c++-header <limits>, something along these lines should
work:

..
AC_PROG_CXX
..