I can do it in Makefile.in but not sure how to translate it to Makefile.

From: J.H.
Subject: I can do it in Makefile.in but not sure how to translate it to Makefile.am
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:32:14 -0800

Evening,

I'm a bit confused on how to accomplish what I need to do, I have a Makefile.in that I need to adjust a single target:

kcookieserver_skel.cpp: kcookieserver.kidl
$(DCOPIDL2CPP) --c++-suffix cpp --no-signals --no-stub kcookieserver.kidl

basically when this target gets generated I would like to run one additional command, call if foobar so that the target in the Makefile.in ends up looking like this when it works:

kcookieserver_skel.cpp: kcookieserver.kidl
$(DCOPIDL2CPP) --c++-suffix cpp --no-signals --no-stub kcookieserver.kidl
        foobar

While this works great in the Makefile.in, when Makefile.in gets rebuilt from Makefile.am this gets hosed. So my question is - how do I add this additional command to the generation of the target in the Makefile.am so that foobar will continue to get run?

- John