Cross-compiling with automake

From: Thomas Epperson
Subject: Cross-compiling with automake
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 05:41:19 -0500

I am using autotools to cross-compile. It has worked great for me until now.
Here is the line in my makefile.am that I am having problems with.
kernel_LDFLAGS = -nostdlib -lgcc -T $(srcdir)/x86/link.ld

I need to specify nostdlib and lgcc at the same time. But when I do it this
way, lgcc gets ignored and the functions in it do not get linked in. I think
this is a problem with the order in which nostdlib and lgcc are called.
nostdlib gets caught in COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS while lgcc gets passed to the
collect2 program (output gathered from the -v flag).

I can do away with the nostdlib option, but that causes undesired libraries
to be linked in (which is bad).