TAP support documentation

From: Alexis Praga
Subject: TAP support documentation
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:17:30 +0100

Hi,

Reading about TAP support in the manual, I decided to try this feature.
Unfortunately, it does not work for versions prior to 1.12.
Could you make it more obvious in the manual ? It seems to assume you run
the latests, which is not always the case.

Also, I would still like to have this feature. Hereis is how I rapidly
implemented it in the top Makefile.am :

TAP_LOG_DRIVER = env AM_TAP_AWK='$(AWK)' $(SHELL) \
                  $(top_srcdir)/build-aux/tap-driver.sh
TESTS = foo.test

check:
        @for i in $(TESTS); do \
          $(TAP_LOG_DRIVER) --test-name "$$i" \
             --log-file $$i.log --trs-file $$i.trs -- $$i;\
        done

Do you think this hack can be used without too much surprise ? Otherwise,
what do you recommand (upgrading is not an option) ?

Thanks,

Alexis Praga