combined report for make check?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: combined report for make check?
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 22:20:54 GMT

Especially for packages which run make check in several subdirectories
(e.g., texinfo), Nelson Beebe made the suggestion that it would be
helpful if there was an "overall" textual report of success or failure,
and not just the exit status.  Something like "ALL TESTS PASSED"
vs. "FAILED TESTS".  Leaving it to the user to go back and examine the
full log to see which ones in which directories.

The idea being that people (like Nelson) building on many systems could
just grep for that string in the build logs and determine which ones
need further inspection.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I thought I'd at least bring it up.

Thanks,