Re: Make autoconf and automake generate compile_commands.json for integr

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Make autoconf and automake generate compile_commands.json for integration with other build systems and IDEs
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 13:20:18 -0600

>> The list of source files and resulting object files isn't known until
>> `make` is launched.

It seems to me that Automake knows more about the build than a generic
system would, and could implement this.  Well, at least it could in most
cases, for example those where all the sources are visible in the
Makefile.am.

FWIW this is the second time in the last week or so that I've heard this
request.  It seems like a reasonable thing to attempt.

Tom