Re: [avr-chat] new stk500 firmware and avrdude/uisp

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] new stk500 firmware and avrdude/uisp
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 06:39:34 -0600

Michael Schlagmueller wrote:

Hi all !
I have upgraded the firmware of my stk500 with the new AvrStudio4 just a few minutes ago.
Now I can't use my stk500 with avrdude/uisp any more. I always get
> programmer is not responding <
Can anyone confirm this ? Are there any patches available ? Is there a way to downgrade the firmware ?

Yes, the latest release of avrdude does not have the stk500 version 2 protocol. There is a new beta release of avrdude that does have the support for the version 2 protocol. Yes, you can downgrade the firmware, search for threads about it on the AVR Freaks web site. And, IMO, I highly doubt that uisp will be upgraded in the near future to have support for the new protocol.

Eric